Unmasking the Epidemic, a free virtual event by Kids’ Minds Matter educated the Southwest Florida community of the alarming pediatric mental health crisis faced by children and families today, while also providing the resources currently available in the region for those seeking help. The event, which featured personal stories from parents and child advocates, testimonials from local healthcare leaders, and strategic plans for improving access to care in the region, inspired significant donations raising to expand pediatric mental health programs. As a result of the event, inspired individuals continue to make gifts, and Lee Health anticipates the event’s impact will exceed $1M.
It’s not too late to make a lifesaving gift to help our children in need. Donations will help Golisano Children’s Hospital and Lee Health expand the availability and accessibility of mental health programs and services for area youth and their families.
Video on Demand
Did you miss the event? Watch the recording now!
Unmasking Your Support!
We are grateful for each of our mental health advocates who partnered with us on this event. Below are just a few of the individuals and organizations whose support will help countless children and families in our region receive the mental health care they need.
- Keynote Speaker: Brad Hunstable, Founder of Hayden’s Corner
- Student Advocates: Damini Parkhi, Kole Yates and Ellie Belcastro
- Community Mental Health Collaborators
- Local Media, including: ABC-7, Cape Coral Breeze, East Lee County News, Estero Life, Florida Weekly, Fox4, Gulfshore Business, Gulfshore Life, NBC2, Neapolitan Family, The News-Press, Spotlight Magazine and WINK News
- Kellie Burns, NBC-2/Waterman Broadcasting
- Rick Gallo
- South Fort Myers High School
- Kids’ Minds Matter committee
- The teams at Lee Health and Golisano Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida
- Priority Marketing and M&M Multimedia